Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a repair shop. There is a piece of road equipment

Customer Question

I have a repair shop. There is a piece of road equipment that has a M11 Cummins engine. some how the wiring harness smoked. I need to try to get the engine to start and run so it can be moved. I don't think it has a engine control module like I have seen before in some bi g trucks. The injection pump has 2 small wires going to it. It also has some sort of electronic module mounted on the side near the injection pump. It is a STC module(###) ###-#### that I think must have some part of getting power to the injection pump shut off system. I am thinking that maybe if I get 12v to the pump solenoid, and energize the starter that it should start. I am not sure what part of running that STC module plays in the start & running.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi Don. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Try powering the fuel shutoff solenoid and seeing if the engine will start. Let me know

Click on this link for the ECM pinouts for your powers and grounds and fuel shutoff wiring. If the ECM on the engine has fried the engine will not run unfortunately. I have a complete diagram if interested. I can send over the link once there's two responses from you on the page.. Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please understand that this piece of equipment is at a remote location, and I may be several days out before I can get there and rig up some wiring. I don't think it has an actual ECM as we know it, with all the wiring. I just don't see that celect box., just the STC Module which is mounted near where the ECM is usually mounted.

what is the make, model and serial number of the machine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not get that when I went to look the first time. It is a large pavement breaking machine that has a kind of tiller on front that breaks up the road pavement, and I saw that is it made in Oklahoma. I will try to get more info on the brand when I make another service call.

That would be a huge help. equipment manufacturers sometimes do their own thing on the OEM engine control side.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I got some more information on the machine. It has a Terex sticker on it and has a CMI Corporation -Oklahoma City metal tag on it. Cust mod no= 58071 SO Model no=RS325 Engineering model no= RS-325 Basic Arr no=58000325143 S/N=+ 560143 Date code=0320 Engine Power 330 HP 246KW
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

I believe this is a CMi asphalt re claimer click this link and let me know if this is what the machine is. If so, I will need some time to research the machine info to see what I can come up with for you

PHoto

Im going to opt out in case another expert can help sooner. My M11 info is more on the truck side than the equipment side.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No problem, just try to do what you can for now, I have a few days.