Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Foton 254 tractor .one time the hydraulics work,and maybe an…

Customer Question
Foton 254 tractor .one...

Foton 254 tractor .one time the hydraulics work,and maybe an hour later nothing works not even the power steering?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Foton tractor Model FT 254 @ TR014135

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes bled the pressure line from the pump and it worked, until I tried in one day later and it was dead again.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
3/22/2017
Technician: Curtis B., service manager replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Pump loosing prime? Would be caused by a leak in the suction pipe from transmission to the pump on the suction side.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?Can be something in the transmission blocking the outlet, floating in transmission.