Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Case 445 skid steer. 2005 model.the seat belt and or seat

Customer Question

Case 445 skid steer. 2005 model.the seat belt and or seat bar warning light will come on and will not go out and release machine for operation.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Case 445 Serial no. kaf421174 -- n5n401650
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned all fuses and relays at the fuse box, left side cab. disconnected ground terminal for 1.5 hr. It cleared the allarm and machine operates correctly. BUT!! WHILE TRAVELING WITH LOAD the brakes lock up and warning light comes on and will not move. i have to shut engine off and restart. it may take several attempts to release the brake and continue normal operation. Sooner or later i am afraid it will lock up and i wont be able to put it on a trailer to get the problem repaired.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the seat bar switch has bin bypassed for some time. I dont think there was ever a seat belt alarm.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Take a close look at the safety interlock switches and wiring harness if all your fuses and relays check good. Check the seat, armrest/seatbelt, and door switch if equipped. If okay the next step is to check the park brake wiring and circuit and to see if the solenoid is losing power when this happens to verify is it is a power problem to the solenoid or something mechanical in the parking brake, etc. Let me know