Heavy Equipment

Heavy Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Heavy Equipment

2010Hino 268 with codes p0410, P2214, u2214, where is the NO

Customer Question
sensor Circuit located? JA: What is...
2010Hino 268 with codes p0410, P2214, u2214, where is the NO sensor Circuit located?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 2010 Hino 268 VIN 5PVNE8JT7B4S53780
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and those codes popped up I need location of, catalytic cleaned out and air system also
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need to know if liquid to srp needs to be changed out also
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
1/9/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I pull up these codes

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

P0410 Sec Air Inj Sys Error

P2214 NOx Sensor Circ Range/Perf Bank2 Located in the exhaust system after the Catylist.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

What is the engine information from the engine ID tag?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you mean by enginge ID tag? I am translating this in spanish sorry.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
https://attachment.outlook.office.net/owa/*****@******.***/service.svc/s/GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATczZmYBLTgwN2YtZDI2Yy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAM357FcCDXxQJZQlZ52LSVeBwA%2Fq%2FbfSAK%2BTpNzefc56SpDAAACAQwAAAA%2Fq%2FbfSAK%2BTpNzefc56SpDAAAAat9bYgAAAAESABAAF7BZPl9OM0KfnwC%2Bz8XRTu8%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=KPQXB45NaUivfFjWx_ZtIjB7TNfWONQYf9EVw3wlsMKZTQN6yoTjVrF9I0jcCF24aBiqbZP-jf4.&token=98e7fd30-5589-4a1a-a8bb-012202832fdb&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sent a picture of the tag
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

the picture did not come through for some reason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There's another code U3FFF that one I don't have anything for
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Its a J08 Model... Ill look that code up

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

What scan tool are you using? this may be a generic code with the scan tool

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its Snap on Solus Ultra
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have you found anything yet?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

your U3FFF is not a J08 fault. It is a generic code thrown by your scan tool. It is not anywhere unfortunately. What problems are you having with this truck? What symptoms other than the fault codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It came in because of the check engine light, and like I said we had catalytic cleaned out and air system, oh by the way do you know if liquid to srp needs to be changed out also?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks for the update. Check the sensor wiring for problems and if okay replace the faulty sensor and change the Def and inspect for leaks or restrictions in the DEF system. Sometime you need the OEM software to reset/reprogram and update the system after repairs are made.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson