Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Why is my forklift become sluggish? Press pedal to the floor…

Customer Question
Why is my forklift become...
Why is my forklift become sluggish? Press pedal to the floor and it doesn't want to move and acts like it's running out of fuel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
6/11/2016
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

Have you checked the fuel filter?

No. Aeems to work good till it warms up
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

What is the model number of this sellick?

Let me get back to u on that. I'm not sure. Its older 3 WHEEL all hydraulic drive truck mount. Has 4 forks so I believe it came from a concrete block delivery truck
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok I will look and see if I have a manual you might want to check your fuel shutoff solenoid sounds like when it warms up its not holding the rack in the injection pump all the way

TMF 553. IS THE MODEL NUMBER OF MY FORKLIFT
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

What kind of engine does it have?

3 cylinder diesel
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I would start with the fuel filter inspect it and inspect the fuel filter housing for cracks may be sucking air after engine is warmed up

Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Any update today?