Heavy Equipment

Heavy Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Heavy Equipment

I have a problem with my cat 236 skidsteer not idling. I

Customer Question
changed both fuel filters. Thought...
I have a problem with my cat 236 skidsteer not idling. I changed both fuel filters. Thought I have bled the air out but it will not start again. Any suggestions? Where is the best place to bleed out the air?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
5/22/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi My name is***** will be glad to help. Is the a straight 236 or a B or C series? I just want to be sure. Do you have the engine model by chance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not by the machine now but it started 4yz00264 . I think only 236
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

The hand priming pump is located on the top of the filter housing.

Note: On type 1 systems, when the cam for the fuel
pump is in the maximum lift position, the priming
lever will not function. In this situation, the crankshaft
must be turned one revolution.
2. Push down on the top of the fuel priming pump
plunger and release the fuel priming pump plunger
in order to operate the fuel priming pump. Operate
the fuel priming pump plunger in order to fill the
new filter element with fuel. Continue to pump
until increased resistance is felt. This resistance
will indicate that the filter element is full of fuel

3. Start the engine. If the engine does not start,
further priming is necessary. If the engine starts
but the engine continues to misfire, further
priming is necessary. If the engine starts but the
engine continues to emit smoke, further priming
is necessary.
4. If the engine starts but the engine runs rough,
continue to run the engine at low idle. Continue to
run the engine at low idle until the engine runs
smoothly.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Click on this link and see PDF page 122-123. the procedure works the same.

Maintenence

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson