Heavy Equipment

Heavy Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Heavy Equipment

I need a wiring schematic gehl 553 with deere engine serial

Customer Question
I need a wiring schematic...
I need a wiring schematic for 1996 gehl 553 with john deere engine serial #jd083256
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
3/9/2016
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Bradley Martin

The wiring schematic is located on page 70. Let me know if you need another schematic.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got the schematic and ckd it against the other one I got and they are identical
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok which schematic are you looking for. Are you needing the machine side?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it's just that my wire harness has a white black and purple wire going into the fuel gauge and water temp gauge whereas the schematic shows blk. Blk. And wh red for fuel and white green for temp
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

What color wire is at you sending unit for you fuel and what color wire is at you temp sending unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are probably the same-
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just wasn t matching schematic I got my work cut out but thankms for your help
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you need a schematic that shows the wiring in the gauge panel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no more like the forward reverse relays
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No because most gauges have plug in connectors
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok is your wire colors white at the fwd and rvrs relay?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
black
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got to find a mechanic to help me I think
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

what happen to the relay wiring?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was an outside fire near my machine that melted the gauges and wire harness. I've replaced them all and haven't got all wires to relays done yet so I don't have gauges or forward and reverse working
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

You might have better luck with getting a factory wiring harness can you see the original wire colors.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was melted I've replaced the relays and all wiring but don't seem to have it completed yet
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok I will contact my gehl person to see if he has another schematic. Do you know the serial number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jd083256
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

ok I will get back with you tomorrow. Will that be ok?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you for your time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did buy a factory wire harness from gehl distributor and for the most part it is good
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

My gehl contact came up with the same schematic. I can help you on figuring out the wires for the relays

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found out something new today the bus bars show links on schematic so I started linking and gauges started working and key start is working but I had limited time to spend but it was agood day
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

That is great let me know if I can help you with anything

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will thanks for your help. I will spend more time tommorrow on it after work. A little everydsy
Technician: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

ok sounds good

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician