Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

I bought a dialarc hf in 1987, I used it 3 or 4 times, it

Customer Question

I bought a dialarc hf in 1987, I used it 3 or 4 times, it sat in my garage for 27 yrs. I used it in a factory then, so I set the cross over clips to 230 v I installed a new plug on it and plugged ran cord thru vent and plug into the outlet for my kitchen stove, should be 220v . I turned it on and the fan runs so the machine is on. but there is nothing at the welding end. I don't even get a spark. there is slight oxidation on a few things inside the machine but it still a new machine, but sat for yrs. it worked good when I used it last. I even touched the electrode to the ground lug and there is nothing. what might be wrong.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Welder has a small internal contactor that as to power the main transformer. Is it closing? You can manually close the contactor to see if welder will power up.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o315u_mil.pdf