Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

I was wondering if you could let me know how many fasteners…

I was wondering if you...
I was wondering if you could let me know how many fasteners are torque turn (torque to yield) on a John Deere Powertech 4.5 liter engine.

Thank.s
12/17/2012
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 9 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne,
I will help you with this,
Good Evening
What Torque you looking for
Head Bolts, Rods, Mains
Let me know

I need to know the total number of fasteners in the engine that are torque turn (torque to yield). I believe the headers and rods (it sounds like the mains might be too), but I don't know the quantity.

Also, if you could let me know the torque and angle spec that would be great.

THanks.

Hi
Ok 2 bolts for rods , total 8
Mains 12 bolts
I will look up the head bolt amount, and torques specs for you

Thanks.

OK

Hi
Head bolts 18
Here are all the Specs you need
this is from JD rebuild book

graphic
Wayne, Journeyman
thank you