DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
28984014

Hi, isx cummins 530 hp...Truck runs good.

Hi, isx cummins 530 hp. I'm getting the following code. Truck runs good. When I clear code it come back right away. What might it be. How do i get rid of it?
Fuel Filter Pressure drop
Electrical fault
Active
MID128 PID95 FMI4

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.

The exhaust gas pressure sensor is used to measure exhaust gas pressure in the exhaust manifold. This information is used by the ECM to control emissions and EGR valve operation.

The exhaust gas pressure sensor is located above the front section of exhaust manifold and is plumbed into the exhaust manifold between the number 1 and number 2 cylinders

Possible causes for this fault code include:

• Signal circuit open or shorted to ground, in the engine harness or failed sensor.
  • Supply line open or shorted to ground.
  • Ecm calibration outdated

CODEREASON
Fault Code: 2374
PID: P95
SPN: 1029
FMI: 4/4
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor Circuit - shorted low. Low signal voltage detected at exhaust gas pressure circuit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks

Your talking about exhaust gas pressure sensor. Then why does the computer in the truck say this?

Fuel Filter Pressure drop
Electrical fault
Active
MID128 PID95 FMI4

what is the engine serial number. Based on the information you provided PID 95 FMI 4 that is for the EPS I'll dbl check with the engine serial number
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Engine serial # XXXXX
I am correct, You may need to hook cummins insite to validate the dash is providing the correct information. Otherwise It shows an Exhaust psi sensor fault.

CODEREASON
Fault Code: 2374
PID: P95
SPN: 1029
FMI: 4/4
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Good Morning,

Their is no sensor where you said. But there is a pressure tube that goes to a block where I assume is the sensor you are talking about. Their are three wires going to the sensor, but theirs only two prongs on the sensor. The plugin is cracked so it got moisture in it. So I was wondering if maybe one of the prongs corroded of the sensor?

Yes you are correct that is the EGPs and that can explain your fault code
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks a lot,

I replaced sensor and corroded connecters. Code is gone.