spanky
spanky, Journeyman
Experience:  I have 30yrs Experience in semi-trucks,Cat,Cummins,Detroit
65057319

I have a 8630 john deere with hydraulic problems I have changed

Customer Question

I have a 8630 john deere with hydraulic problems I have changed all fillters and cleand all screens. start it up and it runs just fine every thing is working grate. take off across the field and the red light for the hydraulic oil comes on. keep going and you will start loseing things like sterring, cant lift the disk, if you stop you can not go any more shut the motor off and turn it right back on and it is ready to go agine. then it states all over agine. i have put a presser gage on it and when you start out you have 2250 pounds of presser then when you are going across the filed it starts going down till you are a 0. I have talked to my local john deere about it but know good luck. I was told i would have to split the transmission and look there. thank you
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  spanky replied 5 years ago.

spanky :

Hi let me look at question carefully and I'll be rite back

spanky :

Hello and Thank You for selecting Just Answer,Get back with me if you need more help after reading my answer.If you have not already, remove filter housing, rear of transmission left side and remove pump assembly, check this clutch and transfer pump for damage. Helps to steer tractor full right for better access,before removal. Is fairly easy to get to and need to verify this dual pump is ok.

JACUSTOMER-wbiq271t- :

what pump assembly, check this clutch are you talking about I know were the transfer pump is for damage.

JACUSTOMER-wbiq271t- :

and what r u calling the dual pump

spanky :

It is two pumps all in one 4" square by about 8" long

JACUSTOMER-wbiq271t- :

Sorry where is it located.

spanky :

left side rear of transmision