Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

Massey Ferguson 50 diesel. What type of transmission fluid

Massey Ferguson 50 diesel. What type of transmission fluid is required? Is there a transmission filter and if so, where is it? Where can I find an on line manuel to help in transmission repair and service?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 years ago.

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help. The older units, which include the 50, use a hytrans oil for the hydraulic system and the transmission rear end. I have seen people put 90 wt in them, but it is a bit too thick for cold weather and for the hydraulic system. You can use the New Holland spec. 134, which is a good hytrans oil. You can find an equililant at any tractor supply.

curtis b :

The filter is a screen that is in the three point area, and is not accessible without removing the three point assembly.

curtis b :

I would just drain system and start over with new fluid.

curtis b :

Shows to take about 6 gallons.

curtis b :

As far as a manual is concerned, I have never found one on the internet, I bough mine from an Ebay site, on CD.