DR.Cummins
DR.Cummins, FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  16 Years working on Cummins Diesel engines,
28984014

A 97 Holiday Rambler 38 motor home..diesel engine..Allison..mile trip

I have a 97 Holiday Rambler 38' motorhome with a cummins diesel engine driving through an Allison MH3000 6 speed transmission. It has only 61000 miles on it. Upon arriving home today from a 100 mile trip, I noticed red liquid pooling under the transmission area. It appears to be coming through a gasket on the drivers side lower front of the transmission, not in the area where the two filters are. I tried tightening the bolts, but they are tight. The nearest Allison service center is closed at noon today and is 30 miles away. It appears that I have lost about 1 quart or less of fluid. Can I safely drive it to the service center (towing a car) and leave it to be looked at Monday or so. It operated perfectly on the trip home.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.Yes you can. A leak that small is common from a gasket and will not affect you in that short trip. Just fill the trans to the proper level, Get to the dealer and get it repaired