daves71
daves71, Fleet Manager
Experience:  35+years working on heavy equipment and heavy duty trucks
8067388

2004 bobcat: steering linkage..machine trys to keep driving..cab..worn

I need to fix the steering linkage on my 2004 Bobcat T300. the main problem is while sitting at an idle, the machine trys to keep driving, or turning. it is mostly on the left side. i lifted the cab, washed everyth ing out and i see that the linkage on top of the "transmision" is readlly loose and worn out, again mostly on the left side. I have a service manual for this machine, but the pictures are very poor. would you have a color picture guide, or video i could get to see how and what parts i need to get to rebuild this? are there complete kits available? thanks, fred

Hi Fred , this is not too uncommon on the Bobcats. Here is the procedure for linkage adjustment, About the only parts I have had to replace is the small rollers and their retaining bolts. If you need help as you go , let me know and I will be glad to assist.Thanks,

Davegraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you sir, those are much better pictures, I was wanting a little bit more yet if you could. Could you sent me the pics and instructions on replacing the required bushings/parts and the suggested parts and numbers? I think what you sent was just linkage adjustment....
The parts on the following lists are really pretty easy to replace.If you will look at # XXXXX they are the most common parts to replace.# XXXXX is like a small shock and if either one is worn out replace both of them.graphicgraphic