Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

Injection pump on Kubota (engine model)V1505-BH-5 which is..Excavator

Customer Question

Can you tell me how to remove and install injection pump on Kubota (engine model)V1505-BH-5 which is in a Kubota KX91-2 Excavator
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help. The speed control plate and the shutoff solenoid needs to be removed. Inside the speed control area you will find the governor. There is a link from the governor to the injection pump that has to be unclipped. Then the pump can be unbolted and lifted out. The gaskets under it are the shim for timing the pump. Keep them together so they can be reinstalled or if new ones are needed, replace with the same thickness. Let me know. Thank you

Full Size Image
.

Customer:

When you remove the speed control plate will anything fall apart or get hung up or is there anything that it hooks to..

curtis b :

No , speed control plate will come out just by unbolting. It has to be lined up when you go back together, but there will be no loose parts. The only connection is between the injection pump and the governor. I meant to ask, what is wrong with the pump?

Customer:

leaks deisel fuel into the motor oil and all over itself

Customer:

Thanks you

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.
Ok, good luck with it. Thanks again!!