Heavy Equipment

Heavy Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Heavy Equipment

Ford F650 2004 F650 5.9 Cummins ISB Engine Need medium to

Customer Question
2004 F650 5.9 Cummins ISB...
2004 F650 5.9 Cummins ISB Engine
Need medium to heavy duty mechanic to diagnoise and help
repair with our diesel mechanics the following ACTIVE CODES for ABS &
Fuel Delivery Pressure Codes.
ACTIVE CODES:
FLASH SID 1 FMI 1 CNT 1
LEFT FRONT WHEEL SENSOR AIR GAP TOO LARGE

FLASH SPN 94 FMI 18 CNT 9
PID 94
FUEL DELIVERY PRESSURE LOW FUEL PRESSURE
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
1/27/2011
Technician: dieseltech4u, Journeyman replied 6 years ago
dieseltech4u
dieseltech4u, Journeyman

dieseltech4u :

HELLO I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS WHAT IS THE TRUCK VIN# XXXXX

dieseltech4u :

THE FIRST THING TO CHECK IS THE LIFT PUMP ON THE ENGINE FOR LOW FUEL PRESSURE ,THIS IS A 12 VOLT PUMP TO TEST IT TURN THE KEY IGNITION SWITCH ON AND BUMP THE ENGINE YOU SHOULD HERE THE LIFT PUMP BUZZING IF YOU DO NOT HERE IT WORKING ,DISCONNECT THE CONNECTOR AND PERFORM THE KEY SWITCH AND BUMP MODE AGAIN THE LIFT PUMP WILL STAY ON FOR ABOUT 60 SECONDS,ALL YOU NEED IS TO CHECK FOR POWER AND GROUND TO THE LIFT PUMP ,THIS LIFT PUMP IS A KNOW ITEM TO FAIL AND WILL GIVE YOU LOW FUEL PRESSURELET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND WE WILL CONTINUE ONTO THE ABS SYSTEM THANKS WORK FOR A FORD HEAVY TRUCK DEALER 12 YEARS SEE THIS ISSUE ALL THE TIME

Customer :

VIN: 3FRNF65F64V698134

dieseltech4u :

OK THANKS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND ON THE LIFT PUMP

Customer :

Cannot find lift pump on this truck. i found the inline fuel filter/cannister that is about 8" long and 2" round that does not have

Customer :

any wiring or pump supply to it. Where should I look to find the Lift Pump on this truck?

dieseltech4u :

THE LIFT PUMP IS BOLTED TO THE BACK OF THE ENGINE ECM ,ON THE DRIVER SIDE OF THE ENGINE TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE YOU WILL SEE THE ECM MODULE , LOOK BETWEEN THE ECM AND THE RIGHT SIDE OF IT YOU WILL SEE A GRAY CONNECTOR THATS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO CHEC FOR POWER AND GROUND ,IET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND IF THE LIST PUMP IS BAD I WILL TELL YOU HOW TO REPLACE IT THANKS

Customer :

Will check the power supply to the Lift Pump and get back to you.

dieseltech4u :

OK

Customer :

Not registering power to Lift Pump. As well in-line filter was full of rust. The fuel tank was replaced 1.5 years ago.

Customer :

as well as lift pump.

Customer :

For sure will need lift-pump and filter. Also, found out that the lift-pump comes in a kit to appearently rebuild?

Customer :

Lift pump is bad. Please advise on how to replace

Customer :

R U there?

Customer :

Just out of curosity, what does your shop get for Flat Rate time to rebuild this lift-pump and re-direct it? We work off of and charge flat-rate here.

Customer :

R U There

dieseltech4u :

YES

dieseltech4u :

LET ME LOOK AT IT I M AT WORK RIGHT NOW SO GIVE ME A FEW 15 MIN

Customer :

Thanks will wait on you

Customer :

r u there?

dieseltech4u :

FLAT RATE TIME IS ABOUT 1/2 HR,WHICH IS A JOKE ,ITS REALY ABOUT 1.5 HR ,

Customer :

Is that to rebuild the kit that is offered from Cummins and replace it?

Customer :

Or is that your Flat Rate you would charge a walk in customer for Ford Warranty?

dieseltech4u :

WALK IN ,NOW PLUGG THE LIFT PUMP CONNECTOR BACK IN AND REDO THE KEY ON BUMP MODE AND RECHECK FOR POWER

dieseltech4u
dieseltech4u
dieseltech4u, Journeyman