How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Category: Heavy Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 28944
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
Type Your Heavy Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what kind of transmission fluid does my yale (model #) n549892

Customer Question

what kind of transmission fluid does my yale (model #?) n549892 take it does not show fluid on the dipstick and will only go forward not reverse.I can't really read the model # XXXXX I think it is clc048aenuaf083 is anyone there?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 years ago.

curtis b :

The older Yales used Dexron ATF fluid. Take a longer wire, coat hanger will do , and reach deeper into the dipstick hole, if the fluid is red in color, it is the Dexron as used in GM vehicles. If it looks thicker and clear, use 30wt engine oil.