How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Category: Heavy Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 28917
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
Type Your Heavy Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where is the oil leveller plug in a ford 3000 tractor 1972

Customer Question

Where is the oil leveller plug in a ford 3000 tractor 1972 (hydraulic system) also how much hydraulic oil do i put back in the system.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
curtis b :

Full Size Image

curtis b :

Number 34 on the upper part of the housing is one of the fill points, the other is on the transmission shift cover. The 3000 shows only to have plugs on the side of the housing to check the fluid. Item # XXXXX one is about and inch above the other. The lowest id the low mark, the upper the high mark. It should hold about 8 gallons of ford 134 hytrans oil. The transmission and the rear end and hydraulics all share the same oil and resoivoir.