Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Demon: a freightliner chasis : VIN..trailer..harness

Reference my Damon motorhome built...
Reference my Damon motorhome built on a freightliner chasis: VIN: 4UZAB2DT58CAJ8940.

While rewiring my 7 pole trailer harness outlet, I blew a fuse for the battery charge wire, for what its worth the wire is pink in color.

I've studied the operator's manuals carefully and can find no reference to a fuse for that circuit.

Can you give me an idea as to where to look for that blown fuse and what amp rating the fuse should have?
6/29/2010
FIX-IT
FIX-IT, Technician
Hi there.i can help you with this..ill need, you vin and ill have a look.
VIN: 4UZAB2DT58CAJ8940
have a look yes there is a fuse located in the aux pdm,there usually hide in in one of the right compartments towards the rear,sometimes its behind a cover plate as well.they hide it good sometimes,.the best way is trace the harness from the trailer cord along the frame and it'll go into one of those compartments.....let me know how u do.
There is a fuse panel in the right rear of the coach, but I pulled all of those fuses and they seem to all be related to the "house" and its electrical needs.

I figured that the trailer power outlet would have been wired by freightliner as part of the chassis. there are two panels in the front left of the coach that seem to be related to the chassis. I pulled and examined all the fuses in the smaller panel and they all seems to be okay. There is a larger panel that is labeled as something to do with "engine management" and I've not pulled any of those fuses.

If the problem is with one of those fuses, I was hoping to get a more definitive answer as to the specific fuse that I should look for.

If there is another panel with chassis related fuses, I've not be able to find it??
was wondering if you got my diagram you will see my other message had the word "look" in blue,have a look.,its a 20 amp fuse.and it sounds like you were close to it when in the compartments it'll have 7 fuses in it and 6 relay's the best way is to go under rv and trace the cord harness,the relay will say ign 1 and the fuse i suspect will say ign..have a look and let me know how you made out,we have to find this fuse box before going any further in our diagnostics...thanks.
yes, I received the diagram, but it was too blurry to make any sense of it. ...... Upon further effort I was able to enlarge it to make some sense of it.  Okay, I see that I'm looking for a 20 amp fuse,but I don't know where that panel is located?
ok click here this what your looking for,looks like its mounted in the area were your air dryer is but it'll be on the frame or bracket..happy hunting,let me know how you made out..
FIX-IT
FIX-IT, Technician
I think I found it. It the pdm with connector #3 is located above the differential, thus I can't reach just now, perhaps if I park it over a swale in my back yard I can get farther under the coach.

I clicked on "Accept answer" before coming back to this page, thus I think that payment was made. If not please notify me.

thanks for your effort
thanks