Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Motor oil and transmission/hydraulic fluid

I have a rookie question...
I have a rookie question. I bought a used 1991 L2950 and need to add motor oil and transmission/hydraulic fluid. The manual is not clear which ports are for which. In the diagrams related to transmission fluid, it shows a port between the operator's knees and another in the rear above the rear axle. It calls both "oil filling plug," and both say "Oil" on the cap. The manual also shows an "oil inlet plug" above the dipstick but it looks pretty small to be the main oil port. I'm guessing the small "oil filling plug" is for motor oil and both of the others are for transmission/hydraulic fluid, but I don't want to get it wrong. Please advise.
6/27/2010
Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
You have it right, the two in the back go to the same cavity, the transmission housing. the one small one up front with the dipstick is the engine oil.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Thanks very much.
Thank you!!