Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Bobcat: desiel..stopped running..6hrs with no error codes..restart…

Customer Question
desiel bobcat 763 stopped running...
desiel bobcat 763 stopped running in texas heat after 6hrs with no error codes.
will not restart, even after sitting overnite.
what could be wrong?all fluids OK.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
6/27/2010
Technician: Curtis B., service manager replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Cranks over, no smoke? Check the fuel shutoff solenoid on the injection pump. I has to open the fuel before it will go to the injection pump and injectors. It can lose power to it(electrical problem) or just burn out. Locate it and listen to it, it should make some kind of noise each time the key is turned on or off. If not, check it for voltage with the key on. If it has voltage and won't work, it will have to be replaced.Let me know. Thanks.