Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

I have a 2004 john deere 4310 tractor..pedal..checked voltage…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 john...
I have a 2004 john deere 4310 tractor. It will stop in its tracks for no rezone it was setting code #1 forward pedal potentiometer. checked voltage at switch .6volts off peddle 3.95 volts on peddle. good voltage through peddle travel. tryed to calibrate and now it is setting codes 1,2,3 and it won't move. need help please, phil.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
6/28/2010
Technician: Benjy, Technician replied 8 years ago
Benjy
Benjy, Technician

Ok, a few issues I have found on these things.

First check all your ground connections, have had them corrode a little and cause problems.

Next check your pedals, make sure they are BOTH ruturning to the hard stop under floordeck. Interference with the rubber mat can hold the pedal down just a touch and that is all it takes to make it malfuntion.

check both forward and reverse potetiometers, preferably with an ANALOG(old school) meter or an occiliscope, often times they will have a very small "dead spot" that is very difficult to see on a digital meter.

Calibration is dificult sometimes on these, it may take several tries to get them to calibrate.

I have actually had to replace the computer on one, that solved the problem.

Benjy
Benjy, Technician
Benjy, thank you for your help, after checking all the grounds I tryed to calibrate the system again found that when you do the trottle relean you must keep trottle up for the next step (forward proportional valve threshold relean) I was throttling down after throttle adjustement. Thanks again, Phil