Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

i stoped to check the electric connection to the injector pump…

Customer Question
I have a jd 5203...
I have a jd 5203 4 wd open station .never had a problem. I was mowing the grass when it started to skip i stoped to check the electric connection to the injector pump. it was fine . the tractor ran for a few more a little bit longer then shut off when you turn the key battery light and a air cleaner light comes on but no starter sound at all. I checked the air cleaner not dirty and I have never noticed the air cleaner light before. I need this tractor to start today. please help battery is fine ing fuse is fine.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
6/26/2010
Technician: Benjy, Technician replied 8 years ago
Benjy
Benjy, Technician
Ok, lets start by check ALL the fuses, there are several fuses that would seem unrelated but can keep it from starting.

i checked fuses by site they apper to be ok . I can ohm them in a few minutes

Also check the main harness connector under the hood near the firewall. For some reason Deere didn't make this harness quite long enough and they tended to be pulled very tight in this location. Check carefully for any connectors pulled from the housing.