Cat Man
Cat Man, Caterpillar Engine Expert
Experience:  23 Years Caterpillar Engine experience.
30708357

HOW DOES THE FUEL SYSTEM WORK ON A C12 ENGINE IN A PETERBUILD

HOW DOES THE FUEL SYSTEM WORK ON A C12 ENGINE IN A PETERBUILD FUELPRESSUE READING 60 PSI ON A PULSE SURGE WILL NOT START NO ELECTRICAL CODES

Hi. Thanks for using JA! I will try and help you out.

60 psi is enough fuel pressure to start your engine.

Could you get me your engine serial number please? This will help me give accurate information.

Also, did this problem just start all of a sudden? Or has it been happening for a while.

Thanks!

Edited by Scott on 6/22/2010 at 5:28 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
9NS17112 Truck just shut off going down the highway. Waited couple of hour and then started got it home and die again, Started the next moring and then die and has not started since

Thanks for the information.

When the engine started back up, did it run rough like there may be air in the system or did it just start up fine?

The reason I ask is because if the engine just started up fine and did not run rough like a fuel problem, I would lean towards a faulty Engine Speed Timing Sensor. When these circuits fail, they only set a diagnostic code about 50% of the time. Which of course makes it hard to troubleshoot.