Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

gaskets and just put..kit..petrol coming..put in a new needle and seat…

Customer Question
i have a 24t-2 carby...
i have a 24t-2 carby i have replaced the gaskets and just put in a carby kit but i am getting petrol coming throw the carby and into the air intake section what can i do to stop it from coming throw .i put in a new needle and seat
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
6/9/2010
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 8 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne,
I will help you with this,
if you replaced th needle and seat, the only thing left that would cause this is float level too high, bend the tang up ward on the float where it touches the needle valve,this will cure your problem.

If this helped you, Please hit Accept,if not get back to me. Cool
it is a floating float so it just sits in there

Morning rlymviq,

I have never seen a floating float,
How does it touch the needle valve to push to shut off gas. ??
Are you sure it did not break off ??
Let me know

Thanks, WAyne Cool
Hi rlymviq,

OK I just found that cab picture , and parts , I see the that it does free float but it must follow a valve with needle on top of it to shut off fuel

Take a look at this web site with picture
http://www.kierans-engines.com/zenith_carb.htm

Thanks, WAyneCool
yes it does but i replaced that needle and valve

Hi rlymviq,

Did you get a chance to read that web site,
on adjustment and set up, try going thru this .
as I said before being honest, I have never seen one or worked on one

Thanks, WAyne Cool
i did everything that it said but i still have fuel coming though i dont know what could be.
Hi rlymviq,

did you replace the needle and seat because of this problem, or did it happen after the new needle and seat ??

Thanks, WAyne
what happened was i decided to clean the carby when i replaced the coil and rewired the tractor ever since i took it apart i have had this problem the old gasket was i dont think had ever been replaced i only brouht the tractor a few months ago and i wanted to get it up and running good and keep everything serviced and running well.

Hi rlymviq,
Well then I would say it has something to do with the parts or installed incorrect,
Try putting the old parts back in with the new gaskets and see what happens

Thanks, Wayne
i have also done that and it still happens?