Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Tractor between trans & clutch housing, we removed the bolts..shifter…

On a 6030 JD farm...
On a 6030 JD farm tractor, around 1974, to split tractor between trans & clutch housing, we removed the bolts around the casting & 2 shifter rods inside the trans but it still is not coming apart... is there something I need to remove?? Like a snap ring or some other hidden thing? On the right side we can pry it apart about 1/8''.
3/2/2010
Technician: ebnel, Technician replied 12 years ago
ebnel
ebnel, Technician
HelloCustomer The only thing holding this together is bolts inside transmission under cover and bolts around outside.
I've split dozens of John Deeres but this 6030 is a bit different then most... we've double checked that the bolts are all out but it is very tight.. does the PTO clutch stay in clutch housing or with trans housing?
Yes this tractor is different than most, Pto clutch stays with clutch housing, Suspect dowel pin is seized up. Could also have seized up shaft in pto clutch,you could remove clutch inspection cover under clutch housing and remove pto bearing cover and snapring, see if that helps
Just found out that there was a plunger going into the oil pump through the side of the casting that I pulled out and the thing slid apart just like a John Deere should! I don't like 6030s! Even though you didn't give the answer you still tried.. so I will still pay you. How can you know that we didn't pull the plunger??
Ok, that is strange,my manual doesn't say anything about a plunger, which isn't a shocking,sometimes they leave a guy guessing
ebnel
ebnel, Technician