Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Torque specs for 1020 john deere with 3164 diesel engine rods,mains…

looking for torque specs for...
looking for torque specs for 1020 john deere with 3164 diesel engine rods,mains,head and valve settings
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/10/2009
Technician: daves71, Fleet Manager replied 12 years ago
daves71
daves71, Fleet Manager

HiCustomerLOL),rod torque is 60-70 ft lbs,mains are 85 ft lbs,head is 110 ft lbs,valves are .014 intake and .018 exhaust.If you need more help please let me know,thanks!

Dave

daves71
daves71, Fleet Manager
Whoops,hold up on the rods!!!This old shit goofed! The rods are 40-45 ft lbs.the other torque specs are correct as well as the valve lash.Sorry,sometimes i don't read to well(poor i sight)