Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

A freightliner model 1994 ingine..cylinder..oil pan..injectors…

hi i am working on...
hi i am working on a freightliner model 1994   ingine is a m11 i am replacing on complet cylinder cylinder a need the tork on bolts starting from oil pan to piston bolts and head bolt and injectors and rocker arms and all way to top of ingine
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2009
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 13 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm wayne
I will help you with this,

Torque Specs, As follows

Rods .....80 ---150.. 220
mains 100- 160- 300
side main bolts, 75- 125
Head bolts. 80- 135- 185- 240
Oil pan,, 45-57

If this helped you Please hit Accept, if not get Back to me. Cool
can you splain # like head bolts 80-135-185-240 and which order you have to falow
Hi luis9999,

Start in middle of head, and work outward in a circle.

torque is the 1st number , then 2nd, then 3rd, number and then final number.

torque in 4 steps, start with low go to high.

If this helped you please hit Accept,Cool
Hi luis99999,
Here follows this one, it will make it eaiser for you. I did not give it to you in Ft Lbs.

Head bolts here

Torque Value:Step 168 n.m [50 ft-lb]
Step 2136 n.m [100 ft-lb]
Step 3Rotate 180 degrees.

Tighten the seven capscrews on the fuel pump side of the cylinder head in the sequence shown.

Torque Value: 68  n.m[50  ft-lb ]

Install the oil pan. Tighten the capscrews in the sequence shown.

Torque Value: 54  n.m[40  ft-lb ]

Rod torque

Tighten the capscrews in alternating sequence to the following torque values:

Torque Value:Step 168 n.m [ 50 ft-lb]
Step 2142 n.m [105 ft-lb]
Step 3210 n.m [155 ft-lb]
Step 4Loosen completely
Step 5Repeat steps 1 through 3

main bolts

Make sure the proper main cap capscrew torque procedure is used when torquing main bearings. The use of the improper torque procedure will damage the engine.

Tighten all older blocks (prior to Engine Serial Number (ESN) 35011095) main bearing capscrews in alternating sequence to the following torque values:

Torque Value:Step 168 n.m [50 ft-lb]
Step 2Loosen completely
Step 368 n.m [50 ft-lb]
Step 4Rotate 180 degrees

All torque-to-yield blocks (ESN first 35011095) or blocks with TTY stamped on the rear engine serial number stamp pad must be tightened in alternating sequence to the following torque values:

Torque Value:Step 168 n.m [50 ft-lb]
Step 2Loosen completely
Step 3135 n.m [100 ft-lb]
Step 4Rotate 180 degrees

Thanks, Wayne
wich is the value for the piston bolts
Hi luis99999,

Are you asking the piston rod bolts ?? is so it is listed above.

Thanks, Wayne
the bolts that thight the piston to the cramshaft on botom
Hi luis99999 ,

I gave that to you its called a rod torque

Step 168 n.m [ 50 ft-lb]
Step 2142 n.m [105 ft-lb]
Step 3210 n.m [155 ft-lb]
Step 4Loosen completely
Step 5Repeat steps 1 through 3
Thanks, Wayne,
If this helped you please hit Accept.
Wayne, Journeyman