How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J.R. Your Own Question
J.R., Technician
Category: Heavy Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 7445
Experience:  13 years as warranty technician for Detroit Diesel
Type Your Heavy Equipment Question Here...
J.R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what kind of hydraulic fluid is used for ford 5000 tractor

Customer Question

what kind of hydraulic fluid is used for ford 5000 tractor and how to check the fluid level,used for lifting equipment on rear.such as disc.engine running or off when checking fluids
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  J.R. replied 8 years ago.
Use the 134D ford oil. The tractor should have a drain plg on the bottom and a level plug on the side. The fluid should be checked with the tractor stopped. The tranny and hydraulics use the same fluid. Depending on the year it may have separate fill and check plugs for the hydraulics and the tranny.
J.R. and other Heavy Equipment Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
one more thing i have brougth *ford tractor all mineral sae 90 transmission fluid ***at tractor supply it this ok or i need 134d ford oil and where can i find one thanks
Expert:  J.R. replied 8 years ago.

This tsc oil will work. I have actually had better luck with it than the 134d in my old NAA. Here is a website you can check out. It has a wonderful forum on ford tractors.