Heavy Equipment

Heavy Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Heavy Equipment

torque specs for replacing a1999 8.3liter cummins cylinder

Customer Question
head...
torque specs for replacing a1999 8.3liter cummins cylinder head
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2008
Technician: Dan Boy, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Dan Boy
Dan Boy, Mechanic

HelloCustomer/p>

The cylinder head torque is not straight forward so i will list the steps for you.

Step#1 torque all head bolts to 52 ft lbs

Step#2 torque all head bolts to 52 ft lbs

Step#3 torque only the LONG headbolts to 105 ft lbs

Step#4 Check only the LONG head bolts to 105 ft lbs

Step#5 turn all head bolts 90 degrees (1/4 turn)

All head bolts to be lubricated with clean engine oil prior to assembly.

The cylinder bolts have an indicaor on the top of them to help with the 90 degree part. there is a dot and a window, put a mark on [email protected] turn the bolt till the mark falls within the window

If this answers your question please press the accept button as this is the only way that we get paid.

Thanks Dan B.

Dan Boy
Dan Boy, Mechanic
Dan Boy
Dan Boy
Dan Boy, Mechanic