Heavy Equipment

Heavy Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Heavy Equipment

i have a john deere 500c backhoe that does not have any movement

Customer Question
in hyd system or trans...
i have a john deere 500c backhoe that does not have any movement in hyd system or trans. rebuilt pump with clean fluid. used machine and parked an hour later no movement in trans or hyd system,figured pump went and had it rebuilt,still nothing
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
8/26/2008
Technician: catmech69, Lead Technician replied 9 years ago
catmech69
catmech69, Lead Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

can you give us more detail? does the engine sound like it is loading up when you put it in gear? or try to move an implement?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
machine makes no attempt to move or work any hyd cylinder,shows no load on motor. i used backhoe and parked it, an hour later i went to move it and nothing happened. i thought the hyd pump quit so i had it rebuilt and still no hyd pressure anywhere.
yeah this is a weird one! one more question on my part ... does it have a clutch?
yes with auto style shifter,clutch only needed for start or reverse direction.
We need to verify that the clutch is actually engaging..with the engine running when you step on the clutch does the engine change sound of any kind?

how does clutch affect hyd system. i dont think there is any change in engine sound

well sir the clutch could disengage the hydaulics,you mentioned that you also have no forward or reverse movement of the tractor correct? I will be honest Im not familiar with your equipment, but I know equipment, im willing and trying to help you as an experianced technician, and my understanding is that you have basically lost ALL working functions of your tractor..if that is correct that tells me that we lost our main route from engine to hydaulics and transmission.. so the problem lies somewhere between the 2 points, are you following me? you need to make sure that the crankshaft is turning the device's that are attached to it.. IE hydaulic pump or transmission....

usually with a clutch driven device you can hear the engine "pick up" the load when you release the clutch... even if it is just the clutch load that you are applying.

GOOD LUCK
hyd pump is run off crank and turns with the motor running,my whole system gets pressure from the pump,steering,trans and hyd system,but i have no pressure anywhere.
catmech69
catmech69
catmech69, Lead Technician