How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 44448
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to ask a question about my stomach issue, can I talk

This answer was rated:

I want to ask a question about my stomach issue, can I talk to a gastroenterologist
JA: I'll need to know a bit more before we can address your question. The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I loss appetite, indigestion, bloating a lot two weeks ago. I have done ultrasound, abdominal CT with contrast, endoscopy, blood test, stool test, urine test. All normal. My symptom is improved a little bit, but not normal yet. What could I have?
JA: To get you the best answer, I'll need a few more quick details. What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: He suspect I had food poison and then gastritis. So he order abdominal CT first and then endoscopy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had three month dry cough at the end of last year, diagnosed ad GERD

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms can be due to bacterial overgrowth syndrome. The diagnosis can be achieved by;

1) Hydrogen breath test

2) Bile acid breath test

3) Xylose breath test

4) Stool test.

You may also get a colonoscopy for the evaluation.

Small intestinal diverticulosis / diverticulitis though not common may also be the possibility. Subacute intestinal obstruction, irritable bowel syndrome may also be looked into the possibilities.

Treatment is by rifaximin which eradicates bowel overgrowth syndrome.

A HIDA scan is also essential to rule out poorly functioning or non-functioning gallbladder for your manifestations.

Probiotics too may help.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Did all the tests I did rules out stomach cancer or other digestive system cancer?

Yes, your investigations were good enough to rule out all types of cancers.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.



" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Sorry forgot to mention, my GI doctor performed endoscopy, he said he didn’t see anything that concerns. Everything looks normal. But he did some biopsy from different locations. I don’t have the biopsy results back yet. Is that mean I probably have a normal biopsy result or it may change?

In stomach inflammation, it is usual to take a biopsy.

Your biopsy would be normal.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I know I shouldn’t google too much. But I read SRCC type of stomach cancer would have normal looking endoscopy.

If you think of rare things, you are rarely correct; this is a medical saying.

Please do not worry.

Your symptoms are likely due to anxiety.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Agree, just wants some peace in my mind. I don’t know how to manage anxiety.
Think positive always
Dr. Arun Phophalia and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you