Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Can valium damage the liver. I have used valium but did not…

Can valium damage the...

Can valium damage the liver

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used Valium or anything similar before?

I have used valium but did not know of damage to liver

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ued to drink but gave up over 6 months ago. Bloods were normal apart from MCV so I stopped

8/11/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. How long have you been using Valium?

2. At what dose were you using it?

3. May I request you to upload the latest liver function tests you have in hand (if done)?

4. Please elaborate if you have any yellowish discoloration of the eyes/ high yellow colored urine / pale stools / loss of appetite and weight loss / abdominal distension?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer reply replied 3 days ago
i have used valium on and of for 6 months can't upload LFTs as with doctor all were normal including liver enzymes no palmer flush or jaundice or spider naive or any of the other symptoms
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.I am glad to tell you that you do not have any valium induced liver damage but at the same time coming to your question - I would like to tell you that valium has the potential to damage the liver.But I would say that it is very uncommon and valium would damage an already damaged liver like cirrhotic liver or helluva which is already having a chronic liver disease.As such from the dose which you are mentioning I do not think valium has got any role in liver damage and moreover your liver function testing has been normal and you can be rest assured about this." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.