Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

What is the recovery Time following the procedure to correct…

What is the recovery Time...
What is the recovery Time following the procedure to correct a newborn with lip tie and tongue tie?
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
This question pertains to a new born human baby not an animal.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** am an ENT physician and I will be assisting you today.

We routinely perform these procedures on newborns. There is essentially no down time and the baby can start feeding normally immediately after the procedure. It is usually done with topical anesthesia in the office. Hope that helps.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I am going into the specialist office next week. Is there anything I should do to prepare my child for the visit/procedure & is there anything I need to get/prepare for my child when he returns home from the visit?Thank you for your attention in this matter.Regards,

There is nothing you need to do before the appointment. After the procedure, breast feeding the child can help to soothe them, but the pain is usually not significant. You can have Infant's Tylenol on hand just in case your child appears to be in pain though.