Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

There are two herbs I'm interested in trying: Butea Superba…

Hello,There are two herbs I'm...
Hello,There are two herbs I'm interested in trying:Butea Superba and Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa.I'm currently on different medications, which I will list:20 mg Viibryd (SSRI)
2.5 mg Bystolic (Beta-Blocker)
12.5 mg Trazodone (SARI- short term sleeping aid)Do you see any possible counter interactions with the medication I take and these herbs?I've experimented with vasodilators before, like l-citrulline and l-arginine, without issue.Just some background information. Thanks!
8/3/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

I have a professional colleague who is an MD in Ayurveda, Indian system of Herbal medicine. If it is OK for you I will present your case to him and get back to you with his advice.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Certainly. Thank you, ***** *****

Please wait as I need to consult him. Thank you!

Hello...

Both Butea Superba and Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa are safe to have.

Both are commonly used for male sexual problems.

There is no much documented scientific evidence of any adverse reaction as well as drug interaction were reported.

Since both the herbs are not like medicine, and a food supplement, the chances of interaction will be least significant...however, kindly maintain one hour gap between your modern drugs and the herbal supplement intake.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Thank you!