Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

How can I get rid of milk products addiction? How can I

counteract the constipation effect of...
How can I get rid of milk products addiction? How can I counteract the constipation effect of cheese/yougurt.? Thank you . In a natural way (food or herbs please) No over the counter
8/2/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment or request for further information.

Do you take cheese/ yogurt only?

Do you take milk too?

How is your bowel habit?

How frequently do you pass stool?

How is consistency?

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Though cheese, yogurt can cause constipation, milk usually does not cause it.
You can try a glass of warm milk at night.
It would relieve constipation.
It often induces a good sleep too.
You can make salads with cheese if you cannot reduce cheese intake.
This would increase fiber intake.
You can try thinner slices of cheese.
High fiber diet, plenty of water, exercise are good in relieving constipation.
Vegetables & fresh fruits, whole cereals should be taken.
Examples of such foods include beans, whole grains and bran cereals, fresh fruits,vegetables such as asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots etc.
You can mix yogurt with oats to add fiber there.
Diets with 20 -35 grams of fibers helps to keep stool soft.
Plenty of fluid intake is important to keep the consistency soft & moving bowel.
Metamucil can be taken occasionally.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)