Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Looking for ideas to help my daughter with poor sleep and…

Looking for ideas to help...
Looking for ideas to help my daughter with poor sleep and exhaustion caused by her Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.
8/1/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern and I am sorry to say that we both ears can be really very debilitating and disturbing the daily activities.Apart from what your physician suggests you to do, this is what you can do -Diet. Salt and water are key. They keep fluids in your body and raise the amount of blood in your body. Think pickles, olives, nuts, and salted broths. Eat smaller meals more often with a healthy balance of protein, vegetables, fruits, and dairy.
Exercise. POTS can make it hard to be active, but even light exercise such as walking or simple yoga can help with blood flow and keep your heart healthy.
Lifestyle. Plan ahead: If you get tired easily, you may not always have the energy to take care of yourself. Learn how to take your own pulse and blood pressure. Ask your doctor what your numbers should be, and check them regularly.
Sleep. Try to stick to a sleep schedule. You also might raise the head of your bed to make it easier to stand up after lying down." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
That is the traditional POTS treatment recommendation. I was just checking to see if there was anything different that we have not tried. Thanks
Happy to help anytime...!
Will check out further and do some literature search in medical journals and get back to you if I find anything extra.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Doctor (MD)