Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had some problem with my right nostril, I previously…

I have had some problem...
I have had some problem with my right nostril , I previously had some dental work done a tooth canal that irritated my sinuses I had a runny nose for about a week and I kept blowing my nose.. it eventually passed but then I felt like I had a bump inside my nose I’ve tried to look inside but it’s pretty hard to see... I looked up what a nose bump would be and I believe I have a swollen turbinates... I’m not sure if it’s infected or just irritated by allergies! I’m very allergic to cats and dogs I get hives and now itchy eyes and nose as well as runny nose. I’ve been working in an imvorment with cats and dogs two days a week.
7/31/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

Dear friend, the lump corresponds to an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose, specifically of the turbinates.
this inflammation looks mild, it would really be convenient to do a good examination of the nose with a nasoscope, but in his case I suggest starting with nasal steroids to reduce your symptoms.
I suggest Nasacort Allergy this medicine is over-the-counter, you will put 2 nasal sprays daily in each nostril for 5 days, also I suggest starting with Loratadine 10mg 1 daily for 10 days. If in 5 days you have not noticed any improvement you should go to a consultation.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Thank you for your response , I was very afraid of a bad infection ... would Benadryl do the same as Loratadine?

Yeah, Benadryl might be helpful in this case.
You shouldn't be alarmed by a serious infection.

I hope this information will be helpful.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Thank you very much!

you're welcome.