Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

What is the highest dose of hydrocodone with acetaminophen…

What is the highest...

What is the highest dose of hydrocodone with acetaminophen 5-325 that I can take 1 mg of alprazolam?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been using Hydrocodone? Has it helped at all?

For less than a week- I have severe pain from an ovarian mass, it helps, but I'm still in terrible pain!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

Yes, she prescribed both medicines for me.

7/30/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Alright! I appreciate that!

One should not take more than 6 tablets of it in 24 hours.

Taking it with Alprazolam can cause drowsiness and thus one should avoid driving.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
it's OK for me to take 2 tablets a day then? It's safe to combine both medicines at that dosage?

If you use it once in a while, it is okay.

Regular use should be avoided.

Hydrocodone and alprazolam increases toxicity of the other by pharmacodynamic synergism. Profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death may occur if taken regularly.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)