Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Dr chip I asked u in previous question why I still feel this…

Dr chip I asked u...
Dr chip I asked u in previous question why I still feel this heaviness on chest and inable to take deep breaths and this fear is like an orb around me
7/27/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

The breathing problem is all in your head

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
But also and it's definitely not in a head every movement causes pain in upper back ,my dad says it's disks and weight but what u think and can it affect breathing sometimes it just hurts but sometimes it shoots pain

Disk problems don't affect breathing

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
pls tell me why for years and years I feel like I am suffocating
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Dr chip r u st online

You really aren't suffocating--you really aren't short of breath and not getting enough oxygen

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Ok so look now after doing alot I am laying down now and I keep taking deep breaths the reason is because when I try to breath normal I feel like after a minute or so I need to take long satisfied breath to get more air .I hope understand what I am saying

That isn't shortness of breath or a lung problem--you only think you need to take deep breaths

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Ok Dr chip on and off besides other problems my breathing has been my fear since age of 11 so what do I do .some sotimea I am better but other like this week is not good

You just have to concentrate on taking slow deep breaths

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
O god Dr chip bpls pls help .I am in a bathroom now my stomach hurts so much I feel like it will burst.i unfourtunately ate a again a bad combination of food and I am so so scared what will happen .and as usual all this happens while I am at work.i am sweaty nausea weak and feel like stomach will burst

What do you mean by your stomach will burst?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Well how can I explain more it feels too full and not soft and cramping all over

Are you still having the diarrhea?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Well just now I had bm it was normal ,but stomach still hurts and cramps like I need to go again

And what was it you ate?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Two big scones ,one 8 oz razberies ,bag of steamed broccoli and cauliflower I was dipping it in sour cream ,chips I also dipped it ,orange ,and three chocolate rice cookies

Then most likely that's what the problem is right now

But you aren't going to die

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
What u mean that's the problem ? My fear actually is appendicitis I. Am petrified of it any stomach pain any nausea I am poking myself

What you ate

Stop poking yourself and it's not appendicitis

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
U mean that horrible combo made my stomach weak ,and is that ok if I have more bm

It really didn't help with your reflux and your irritable bowel syndrome

And it's OK if you have more bowel movements

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Dr chip now I had a diarrhea ,less pain ,but lower back pain , weakness now

What do I need to tell you--we've been over this again and again?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I am struggling , sometimes well most of the time I say why I.eat it ,then I have another conversation where I say but why why my stomach reacts so badly ,and finally after I have numerous bm I say well at least it's out knowing well I still have a problem

So what exactly are you asking there?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I guess I am asking one why my stomach reacts .and two u don't think it's terminal

No it's not terminal

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Dr chip I have a problem with food or what kind I eat and then I suffer .so look today I atwe three 45 Cal sandwiches with chicken ,two cooked eggs ,orange ,banana ,three lactose free ice cream bars ,and those chocolate rice cakes .then my friend. Calls me and says did u read one famous author died she was 38 unexpected .I said why u telling me she said cause the way u feel is not anxiety

She's simply wrong and a friend who knows you well wouldn't be sending you news like that

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Well she told me I am not ur friend I am just warning u .and was this array of food dangerously bad

Not dangerous but you need to cut out the ice cream and the rice cakes

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
U mean because of sugar .does it cause heart issue
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
About an hour ago I got choked on my own saliva and when I tried to drink I choked on that and ever since then I have sob and feeling I need to cough and also needle type pain under my left breast

Not a heart issue but it bothers your stomach

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
what can u say about that incident I wrote before. Btw I get choke on saliva alot .also I again started to feel cold and my throat hurt what is that with me

Just an allergy

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
not a pe

Of course not

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Dr chip I constantly feel phlegm in my throat and it makes me choke and cough and I get panicky ,also when it gets closer to evening I get out of breath more .and also when I am in car air conditioner working I sneeze and cough
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Dr chip pls help I hope u get online today

Just allergies--try some Claritin

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I now feel like I can't breath ,maybe another attack but it's horrible it's 7 pm and I feel this way ,and then one more of my past co-worker sends me on Facebook obituary of a 39 year old who died and I feel like they testing me and it's working because I am completely petrified

So what more can I say right now--I just told you what's going on?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I know u did ,and I appreciate ur help ,but I feel like some people around me trying to see how far I can go mentally ,or they seriously trying to tell me I will gone soon ,and there is nothing I can do to stop them I try my best every day but every day I hear from one of those people u don't sleep ,u eat badly ,u overweight u stressed u won't see 40 I ask them why u telling me that and they say cause they care .now I am at work and I feel like I can't breath ,mouth is dry chest is compressed what do I do

The breathing problem really isn't a breathing problem and I've told you that time after time

And if I were you I'd get off Facebook

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
As I told u before I have no friends at all ,I have some people who can text me or through Facebook ,maybe if I had a good friend who would be honest I would not feel the way I do .I honestly think I will never get rid of anxiety or panick as I have had it since 11 u help me tremendously,but I am not crazy and I know it will take toll sometimes I think as much as I am afraid to die this is no way to live .as every day I feel struggle to breath ,to move , everything causes pain .

And where do you stand on getting back into therapy?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Nowhere .I stopped looking .well my Dr found offices who do cbt but it doesn't cover by insurance why I don't know .and it's expensive and as u see once a week aint going to cut it
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I am laying now and I feel like my chest is compressed and I can't breath .I am breathing but it's hard .of course right away I have pe,clot ,heart ,etc .

I can't keep on telling you your heart's fine and it's not a PE--you can't just accept that and move on

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I guess with my disease u know and actually I know one part of my brain understand but the other doesn't and that other side is so much stronger .I understand everything but it's so much stronger then I am I am 39 years old just emagine I fight every day.so I am exausted from work ,from being overweight and most of all anxiety completely sucks all energy out of me .do u think I can take another half of clonopin now. I am now at the point where I am shaking and I don't know if I am shaking because of attack or because of meds .my hands constantly shake

Go ahead and take the klonipin

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I did.ansqwe me pls as a Dr do u think I am sick mentally ? Or psychologically? And do u think I will every have any progress

Well you definitely have an OCD/health anxiety neurosis--I wouldn't call that sick mentally

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Health anxit neurosis that's something I hear first time .I know I have OCD .I know panick ,attacks debilitating ,the new thing that I now have is body twitching ,sometimes like now when I have trouble getting a breath I twitch my body cirtain way so I. Can get a breath .so far clonopin is not helping

I told you before the klonipin won't do anything for your thinking--it's your irrational fear of death or cancer or heart attack or PE that's the problem

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
what the hell is clonopin for is it to get me addicted

It helps with some of the physical symptoms of anxiety but it doesn't do a thing to your thinking

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
of course for thinking I need therapy ,which I can't get ,so what do I do ? And also can u answer couple more questions one when I have those attacks while it's home ,or car can I actually stop breathing or pass out ? And two why is my body twitching

No you won't stop breathing or pass out

The twitching is part of the anxiety

And I gave you a link to CBT worksheets so you need to start doing the therapy yourself

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
In aean time now now can I get through this attack ,as I told u not only I feel like I am out of breath I feel like my throat is closing and I feel and taste alot of phlegm

Just sit quietly and take very slow deep breaths

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
u think I won't pass away like my frenemy is saying .I.am laying down now and feel this phlegm

Of course you won't die--that's back to your irrational fears

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I know .vicious circle

Only because you let it go on and don't start using CBT techniques

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Ok for tonight while I still have this attack I know the breathing in through the nose out the the mouth what else can I do or say to stop it for tonight

Put on some soothing music

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I actually had it and u won't believe it irritated me .so that part is not working .

I can't do a therapy session with you here

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I am sorry .I k ow and u do help alot I want u to know that .just when I am in a middle of attack I am lost and desperate .also I have had headache all day so I took 6advil during the and two just now and that is with my usual pills of clonopin and Zoloft .of course when headache strike also fear .when I pop pills also fear but I pop them to stop and numb the pain

Then get out and walk a bit and sing to yourself

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Get out where .I am at work .I did walk a bit around the house .now back to bed as head is pounding.

Walk inside where you work and sing

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I am laying and humming ,helps with breathing a little .before putting ice cold compress on my chest would help but I told u I M feeling chilly why I don't know .I just want to know I will be ok ,I want to see my family grow up

Of course you'll be OK and you've got at least another 40 years to live

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
To live or to suffer .

Damn--why are you so negative all the time?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Ooo u said a bad word lol.i know my husband also says I am party pooper.i want to live ,and live a normal life ,but this disease is like weight that's on my back and I. And I can't get it off .and trust me I tried it all different dr, hypnosis,regular therapy , different meds the only time I had no anxiety or symptoms is when I was pregnant why I don't know and after I was off meds for 6years which was determined was a big mistake

Do you ever try to sit quietly and think only happy positive thoughts?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
but I tell u how it starts I think about my kids future ,how I want to be part of it ,how o am proud of their accomplishments,I am thankful for my parents being around me but then how it ends ,what will I do of something happens to my parents , what if my kids get in trouble and u know how in ends

Then you simple need to stop concentrating the second the what if's begin

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I try and u help me ,I can't do it by myself I need a person who would encourage or push me to say stop or go .I feel a little better now ,head still hurts but I am able to breath better even though I still tàke deep breaths .
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
R u still here
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Dr chip so I could not fall asleep till 1am ,my attack started again not as bad as it was but still ,I woke up at 5 and right away have that need to take breathes ,also nose stuffed ,throat hurts ,choking .
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Chest is full ,and when I do take a breath it hurts

Just allergies

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Dr chip ,we spoke so much yesterday but it's not going ok for me ,I fell asleep after 1woks up at 5 and I keep taking these deep breaths I can't stop ,my nose is runny and has free stuff in it ,and when I began to eat I couldn't as I became nauseated and started to become out of breath

What do I need to tell you?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I don't know ,do I need er ,do I need surgery ,do I need more meds what's wrong with .me ,my throat also feel half closed or tihht

Surgery?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I don't even know what to say yes I say surgery cause I think of heart or pe
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I am so so scared and tired of how badly my breathing is compromised

Of course you don't need surgery

Nothing wrong with your heart or your lungs

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Pls pls pls explain to me u like no one else should know as u r a Dr why I know people who simply just have anxiety ,fears and that's it ,why I have on top of it debilitating uncontrollable attacks and nothing helps .u know they r phisical that's why sometimes they r compared to heart attack or other things but with me one thing can come and go but breathing difficulty is present allways and now I keep swallowing , yawning ,burping ,taking deep breaths or at least try

It's a vicious circle--you get anxious and you concentrate on your breathing and thing there's a problem with that and you yawn and breathe faster

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
what to do .I keep taking clonopin ,and bad thing is I am naturally tired from work and not sleeping well and pills also keep me on a fog state but don't seem to help

Just go on with what you need to do today

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Well now I am at work and then I need to get home and do alot of cleaning .I just want to hear again this scratching on my throat , phlegm ,feeling like it's closing nose runny and it has green phlegm ,is it anaphylaxis or what . And again my breathing is not related to phisical disease .and when I do feel like I. Am now what to do

Just allergies and not anaphylaxis

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
But when u say allergies ,r they deadly .and u didn't say about my breathing

Of course they aren't

And I don't have anything new to say about your breathing

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I am driving and can't breath pls what's to do

Just keep driving

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
It's same type attack I had when. I called 911

So what?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I mean it's bad

So what do I need to say?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Will I survive without er
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
U know when u have an attack ur every muscle get so fence that it's hard to swallow it's almost my jaw locks

What happened when you called 911?

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Sorry phone was off .I called they came I was yelling I am dying .when I was in ambulance she kept telling him go faster ,I said I don't want to die she said u won't. My heart beat was fast ,I was hyperventilating ,by the time I saw Dr I was calming down just a tad he gave me I clonopin and a couple of hours later they let me go with four lists of therapy drs

So why consider calling 911 now?

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
I will think I am nuts ,most of the people afraid of the drs ,I on the other hand think no matter what I have I am safer there .and when I have problem with restricted breathing or when I take a breath I get sharp pain under ribs or breast I think of pe and allways think the sooner the better .but it's wrong right

Well it's a waste of time and money for sure

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
U mean to see drs all the time or in my case

No a waste of your time and money

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
my husband told me because of that ambulance transfer and ER visit I spent most of deductible.thats why I suffer .I allways tell myself last time they told me anxiety and other times too but maybe this time is not .

And you keep telling yourself that and no matter how many times you see a doctor for this and you're told there's nothing to worry about you're still going to think it's something fatal

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Yeas , unfortunately my old Dr became too rude and told me I am out of control so I had to find a new Dr who was more understanding ,but he told me on my last apot that he thinks Zoloft is not helping but I told him I am afraid to change meds .

So what more can I say?

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Ok I guess today I need ur guedence .pls tell me do u think I need to make further appts for testing of heart ,lungs and work of my arteries ?also lack of sleep and hard phisical work will it damage my body ? And symptoms I am feeling is it phisical or not .and what do I need to treat actually at the Dr

No as I've told you so many times before you don't need more tests

And you haven't damaged your body

You really need therapy

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Dr chip I ran out of nexium and didn't take it today and depend how my day is at work if I am able to get out might not take tomorrow is there any danger .and also again headaches started on and off for about 4 days .we have had rain here so my body usually reacts .but u think it's just a headaches

No danger with not taking it

And just a simple headache and nothing serious

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Dr chip I didn't write u ,I tried for as long as f as I could to see if I could hold off without asking for help well I guess I can't .I went to my dad for a visit to Philly and all I heard is u gained weight it's so dangerous ,it's bad for ur health .I was sweaty ,I went to the store and nothing fit I was out of breath.and I am home now and again feel out of breath and feel phlegm and pressure in chest

Yes but that's nothing new

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Family members scaring me .and it's also frieghntens me that because of weight gain it's hard to breathe and I feel like balloon and I worry if something happens to me

Seems like all your family does is try to bring you down and scare you

You aren't going to die and your heart and lungs are fine

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I understand they want me to lose weight and I want it too ,but when they say it it come with all the scary morbid stories they think it will motivate faster

And does it?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
No it makes my anxiety ,and panick go up

Do you ever tell your family to stop what they're saying and that it isn't doing you any good?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
they say that unless they scare me shitless I won't lose weight
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
they see my attacks and anxiety and they also think I can fix on my own

Doesn't sound like a very supportive family

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
They think they r .but with me it's then days of being out of breath and freaking out

So what more do I need to say?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Well one is I don't know why at this point of my life I can't seem to lose weight I used to eat less or not eat after 5 and lose and now nothing ,and two u think even with added weight I am still ok heart wise

Your heart is fine

And if you aren't losing any weight you simply need to eat less

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Dr chip ahain at night I can't breath ,it's second week and allways more at night time .this torture is not leaving me

How many times do I have to tell you it's not really shortness of breath or a lung or heart problem?

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Ok I understand ,but whatever I feel makes me hard to breathe ,pls tell me what to do

Just relax, lie down and take very slow deep breaths

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
u really don't think it's anything phisical ,heart or lungs

It's not any of that

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Dr chip I didn't eat anything in the am so I unfortunately got McDonald's and when I was eating and then took a sip of drink I felt this pain in chest cavity as stuff was going down

Reflux

Customer reply replied 5 days ago
Dr chip I know I asked you similar questions but unfortunately I need to ask again as it's almost 9pm and I got petrified again .well was texting with one aquantinance who also has anxiety and she knows Bout my attacks and my weight gain and says famous blogger died a week ago from heart attack in her sleep and her dad is a Dr and she lived a healthy lifestyle so u need to watch it.that was because I told her my diet wasn't the best and I i am out of breath

People die all the time and we don't know anything about the medical situation of that person

Your heart and lungs are fine and you aren't going to die

Time for a rating

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)