Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have small warts on the backs of my hands and would like…

I have small warts...

I have small warts on the backs of my hands and would like to start treating them with a high dose of zinc sulfate. I have read about multiple clinical trials that have all had VERY high success rates by using 220-300mg of zinc sulfate, twice a day, for 2-4 months. Not to exceed 600mg in a day.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Whoops, I wasn't done typing! My question is, does it matter what type of zinc i use for this treatment? I see there are multiple types of zinc on the market and this is a very high dose, so I want to be safe about it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had 5 blood labs done in the last 8 years, and ALL of them have had very low levels of Alkaline Phosphatase. The last test had a level of 17 U/L. This would lead me to believe that I have a great need for zinc anyway

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/12/2018
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Doctor (MD)

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

Zinc oxide, and zinc sulfate are the two best options. Nevertheless, the exact type of zinc supplement you take really doesn't matter. Any of the options works sufficiently.

Please let me know if you have any additional thoughts, or questions.

Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Doctor (MD)