Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I know I have asked you about this dull pain I get

occasionally but i am having...
I know I have asked you about this dull pain I get occasionally but i am having it today. I wanted to show you exactly where it is. My last cycle started June 30. Is this my ovary area? I had my pap exam back on April 33 everything was normal
7/11/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hi

Does it hurt to press there and is there any lump?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t feel a lump. Sometimes it hurts if you push on it but usually it’s a dull pain that comes and goes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that my ovary area
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still here

Hold on

No--that's too low for an ovary

It could be a pulled muscle or perhaps a case of hip bursitis so you need to have your doctor check it out

But definitely not your ovary

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is hip bursitis

An inflammation of the bursal sac that surrounds joints--it can just happen without any trauma involved

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much higher are my ovaries

About two inches higher

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s weird because it happens about the same time each month. Didn’t know if it was from ovulation
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That high? My pelvic is so much lower than that

Your pelvic?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that the area my hand is covering

That's the lower part of your pelvis, yes, but too low to be an ovary

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are 100% confident that isn’t my ovary area

100% sure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I ask why you asked if there was a lump

Only because it's in the right area for an inguinal hernia

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it just coincidental that it is the same time about each month
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As you can see I ha da tummy tuck and they moved my belly button a little. Does that matter where you think my ovaries are located

No that doesn't change the location of your ovaries

And it's just coincidental that you get it the same time each month

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)