Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Dr chip my first question is why u sure is not pulmonary…

Dr chip my first question...
Dr chip my first question is why u sure is not pulmonary edema ? And second when I take a breath I have shooting pain in my shoulder blade for
7/10/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

To have pulmonary edema you'd have to have congestive heart failure and you don't have a heart problem

As for the shoulder pain that's just muscular

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even when I take a breath ? O I forgot I got a letter from my Dr stating the blood work I did which was normal so basically he can't really say why the weight gain

Then the weight gain has to be from overeating

But the back pain has to be muscular

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here are results

Go ahead

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tell me please what did he test me for
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
u think that Beed for taking a breath and have a pain under my blade is not a pe

That's a basic chemistry panel and a thyroid panel and it's all fine

But how many times do I have to tell you you aren't at any risk for a PE?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my weight gain is all me ? And my hot flashes is weight ? Or what .about pe I guess because I see this swelling and I. Am overweight I am scared

I just am not going to tell you more than this one time you aren't at risk for a PE

The hot flashes might be hormonal but you weren't checked for that

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip I still have pain In my sides when I takes breath is it still ok not dangerous ? I still take deep breaths ,and also I need to get out worth my patient and I am so scared

Not dangerous and you can get to work

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip so I should not pay attention to to the sharp shooting pain and sob

Nothing to worry about

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip I am doing I think alot of phisical work but no exercise ,today for example I ate organic cereal with fresh blueberries ,then later in a day two small sandwiches and half an orange .I still take deep breaths and I still get shooting pains I also get diarrhea almost daily

Shooting pains?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok how do I explain when I take a breath o get a pain under my ribs ,under blades ,sides and chest cavity

Well we've talked about that many times--not a PE and just muscular

As for the daily diarrhea if it's been like that for more than two weeks you need to have your doctor run a stool culture to see if it's bacterial needing antibiotics

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it's been more then two weeks .and also it's allways allways in the pm .so when u say my pain is muscular what does that mean what kind of problem is that .and with diarrhea do I need PCP or gastroenterologist

Just your PCP

Muscular in that the pain is from your chest muscles

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
with diarrhea u think I might have that condition u were saying before o forget .and what do I do to ease the pain as u know it scares me and let's me think I have something else

It might just be irritable bowel syndrome but I'd get the stool culture

And sometimes I think you don't have much in the way of pain tolerance but this time around try Tylenol instead of Advil

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What i meant is there any way to make muscles not hurt ? And u right I do over do on Advil my son even said I. Am dependent on it .and in regards ***** ***** u don't think it's anything uncurible

No it's not incurable--if it's bacterial that just takes antibiotics

But there's no way to make muscles not hurt while they're hurting

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one more before bed time do u think my muscles hurt and stiff because I don't exercise or is there another reason ? And u think with all my stomach and breathing stiff I will live ?

Yes you'll live

And the muscle thing is from being out of shape

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip u really really believe I wil be ok ? I am asking u as a Dr I just feel this inner worry and it's so hard

Yes as a doctor I'm saying you'll be OK

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip I just went with my daughter to get breakfast and as soon as I was done I got this wave of horrible nausea and now I have bad fullness .also if u remember a couple of weeks ago I had a Dr appointment and my weight was 204 fasting ,today I was 192 fasting .

What do you mean by fasting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I meant when I was weighting I didn't eat prior

Well we've talked about the nausea and the fullness--that's reflux

If you've lost that much weight it's because you've been eating less

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But u don't think it's anything bad .and trust me I so want to lose weight ,but my brain works so different I want to lose but when I do and it's fast I think terminal

Of course it's not bad and it's not terminal

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip so I have a day off today and as I told you earlier after I ate breakfast I was nauseated and full .well when I got home I haven't eaten since as I still feel same ,and I finally figured out how to explain to u how I feel when I say I feel sob.its when u come in into a sauna and try to take a breath and can't thYs how I feel now and I also feel pain in my chest cavity with each breath .I feel tired very very tired I did sleep for anout 2 hours during the day

Sorry but I don't get short of breath in a sauna and it's not hard for me to breathe

But we go over and over again about this and I keep having to tell you your heart and lungs are fine and you don't have a PE so I don't know what else to say

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not saying I have pe per se ,I am just telling you how I feel ,and yes I can't handle saunas I feel suffocated there so I don't know why .and what would u say about me feeling nausea bloating all day

The nausea and bloating is just your reflux

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip so why I feel this weakness and feeling of suffocation ? And also does this latest edema have anything to do with anything

You aren't suffocating--that's totally in your mind and the edema is just water retention

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
edema doesn't mean ur body ,organs can't get fluids out

No--it's just a bit of water retention but it doesn't mean you don't pee and sweat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I pee actually more often than usual and I sweat

It's nothing to worry about

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do I do with this damn breathing ,I want to breath normally not like I am now

That would take therapy to work on your anxiety

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
u think without therapy I will be suffering like this

Yes--you obviously haven't been able to work on it by yourself

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip I ate at 10 am and nothing else I still feel like I will throw what to do .do I eat .is it dangerous

No it won't be dangerous to eat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I pls ask u again is it dangerous that o feel pain in chest cavity with each breath

No that's not dangerous

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U think I will live till tomorrow

Oh please stop with this negative over the top fear--yes you'll live

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip I need ur help.so it's almost 3 am I can't sleep I walk around,clsansd ,I still had this breathing problem which causes alot of discmfort .I have to be at work at 8 am how do I function ? What do I do

Just got on

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am at work ,no appetite and still feel like I have no air in my lungs .

I keep telling you there's nothing wrong with your lungs

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand but it's the feeling I have ,or should I say how I feel phisicly ,and why no appetite ? And yes we have talked about it before but my back hurts so much and it also I think constricting my breathing

Nothing harmful with no appetite

And nothing is constricting your breathing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
u don't think or should I say u still think my heart and lungs r healthy enough to survive

I don't just think--I know--your heart an lungs are healthy and you'll live a long life

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip so having my second diarrhea today sorry for tmi but need to tell u so u can have a full picture .first one was not runny just soft and no cramps ,now o am cramping ,it's watery and alot of loud noises coming out .I am seeing my PCP end of month .what u think it is ?

Just a viral gastroenteritis and nothing serious

Try some oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I have probiotics I need vinegar .I am at work and all that shit I deal with while here .but do u have any idea what it can be .

I just told you-- a viral gastroenteritis

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it can last for this such a long time I been having

Yes it can

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But it can't cause cancer .if u remember this issue is long time over a year ago I went to gastroenterologist I was checked for this h pulori negative ,I had all tests and they found I had alot of gas and reflux but they didn't say anything about diarrhea

No it can't cause cancer

Diarrhea is either from a viral gastroenteritis or irritable bowel syndrome but never from cancer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will check with PCP .cause it seems of I don't have diarrheas it's constant loud gas

Just check it out with your PCP

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But u don't think it's anything I can u know what from

Say that again?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U don't think my ongoing stomach issues r terminal u think it can be treated or not

Yes it can be treated and you simply have to let go of this irrational fear of something terminal

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Send chip so sorry to bug u all day but just now had third diarrhea ,very watery and smell is horrible .my mom says donr worry all the yucky stuff is coming out but u know me

Just be sure to drink plenty of juices and GatorAde

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip I woke up now and feel I might have diarrhea what is going kn
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip it's 1 am I can't sleep I had one more bout of diarrhea and stomach continue to have a feeling like I need to go again .I am so scared

Just got on

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
u don't think it's danger zone or warranting for er

No need for the ER

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But do u think it's not good that my stomach is so weak

This doesn't worry me

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I allways tell myself as long as I don't have anything terminal I can deal with everything else

You don't have anything terminal

Time for a rating

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr chip do u think I am ok if I don't have appetite,I don't sleep well ,and diarrhea or upset stomach