Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

When I swallow I fell a scape in my throat. it cause me to…

When I swallow I...

When I swallow I fell a scape in my throat. it cause me to cough feels like something is in my throat could it be my thyroid glad. I vomit up phlem even in cough and lose about 6 pounds a month for the last three months ct scan only showed throat was red

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the redness? Have you used any medication for it?

Taking acid reflex pills for gerd and ulcer. promethazine dm syrup for cough . rantidine 150mg tablets 2x aday benzonatate 100mg capsules 1-2 every 8 hrs ondansetron 4 mg for nausea as needed and dexilant 60mg 2x day

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the nausea?

Yes that is where I got all the meds from

7/10/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms point to reflux laryngitis. Following investigations may be able to confirm it;

1) Barium esophagography

2) Ambulatory 24-hour pharyngoesophageal pH monitoring

This is not likely due to thyroid.

Following measures are helpful:

1) Small 5-6 meals a day.

2) Last meal should be eaten 3 hours before lying down.

3) Avoid; fried or fatty foods, chocolate, peppermint, alcohol, coffee, carbonated beverages, citrus fruits or juices, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, vinegar.

4) Eat slowly so air is not swallowed.

5) Elevate the head of the bed by 6 inches.

6) Avoid tight clothing.

7) Stop smoking.

Please see the resource;

http://www.medicinenet.com/reflux_laryngitis/article.htm

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
thank you where do I rate you at

I am sorry for it. Rating is now active.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Customer reply replied 6 days ago
am I on the rights meds

Yes, your medicines are good.

Anxiety may increase the reflux so relaxation techniques, deep breathing exercises, and group sporting activities will help you overall.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.