Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have black thrush on my tongue. I am very healthy and eat…

I have black thrush...

I have black thrush on my tongue.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any recent physical or emotional illnesses? What medicines (prescription, homeopathic or over-the-counter) have you taken recently?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am very healthy and eat very healthy too

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/5/2018
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Doctor (MD)

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question​.

I'm sorry to hear that you have oral thrush. Although using an alcohol based mouth wash 4 times daily can cure some cases of thrush, most people will require antifungal treatment. This will require a prescription from a doctor.

As such, I would recommend that you consider going to an urgent care to be evaluated. They can diagnose and initiate treatment for this condition to prevent it from getting worse.

Please let me know if you have any additional thoughts, or questions.

Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Doctor (MD)