Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Now that I am on tamoxifen I know that it can affect

different things of your body...
Now that I am on tamoxifen I know that it can affect different things of your body. One is triglycerides. Back in the end of Feb I had my CBC done and they were a few points high. Is this a concern now that I am taking this medicine? What Can I do or need to do? When I had this test I had eaten about 1 1/3 hours before
7/4/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hi

That lipid panel including your triglyceride level was fine

There's no reason to worry about the tamoxifen affecting that number

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Oh good. When it listed tamoxifen as a medicine that can effect it I got concerned. I wanted to make sure I didn’t need to do anything or eat anything to help my numbers from getting high

You'd need that triglyceride level to be over 300 before I'd be concerned about it

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)