Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Spots on tonsil. Always had one bigger. Back of my throat…

White spots on tonsil. Always...
White spots on tonsil. Always had one bigger. Back of my throat feeling rough. Used a light and noticed white spots. I have ocd and a fear of hiv.
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Went to the emergency no need to reply
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I would still like a reply. The doctor said it was not a sign of hiv. But my ocd now I’m thinking he didn’t see it to good
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Does not hurt.
7/2/2018
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren,I have over 37 years of clinical experience,I will help with your query.The photograph shows an injected pharynx with redness and white spots on the right tonsil.This is suggestive of a Chronic Pharyngitis /Upper respiratory inflammation which may be allergic/infective.Definitely not suggestive of HIV,should respond to Augmentin(Amoxicillin+Clavaunate) ,a decongestant and NSAID like Ibubrufen. A non-sedative antihistaminic like Fexofenadine/Allegra may be added .No serious issues are suggested.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Thank you Dr!

You are welcome,I wish you good health and happiness!