Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Dr chip I got home for the night ,I am alone as my family…

Dr chip I got home...
Dr chip I got home for the night ,I am alone as my family left to Philly for a day ,so I know I won't be able to sleep much I was really hungry so I ate McDonald's and then ice cream and cherries and now super scared
7/1/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Just got on

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Dr chip so it's like a two part question .so I again having diarrhea and cramps and gas ,loud gas .now Friday early morning my family and this time my son's girlfriend we going to Canada .so first drive is about 6 hours do I need stockings or not ? Next I myself when was booking hotels I did it for family and booked it on 42 floor well for me it's fear of elevator and heeghts ,I booked cn tower ,all the stuff they will like but inside I want it too pls guide me how to have a normal time .do I need to double up on clonopin

No need for stockings

No need to double up on the clonipin

And nothing serious with the diarrhea and cramping

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
how can I confuer my fear of height and extreme ,as when it gets a little too much my heart starts racing and I get sob and then my day is ruined

You just use the CBT techinques you learned in therapy

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
U mean breath in and out .in through ur nose out through ur mouth . anything else .I am super nervous this time as we have my son's girlfriend ,I don't want her to think I am a nut case

Yes--but also you argue against your irrational fear of heights

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Will u be ok if I still write to u from there

Sure

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Dr chip I haven't slept since 1 am and I have alot of cleaning and packing and I am at work till 5 pm and we have to leave at 4 am I am so so scared I will crash

No you won't crash

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Even with so so little sleep and high stress

Even then

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Dr chip so we on a road since 6 am we did stop to eat so I did stretch my legs .but if the drive is 6.30 hours is there dangers of clot

No--no danger there

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
u think I will survive

Of course you will

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Dr chip as we touring and walking I get out breath and or short of breath is it because of weight ? My one victory for today at least is that I did go up and down 36 floor elevator with no fear .and went into a tunnel

Good for you

But you're just a bit out of shape

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
u don't think it's my heart or clogged artery

Of course not

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Dr chip help me out pls .I am still in Canada and everything is going well but when we walk I get so out of breath it's so hard and my legs and feet burn
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Dr chip r u online

How much walking are you doing?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
We can do either half hour to an hour the rest r tours and I am scared because in such little time my legs hurt I think it's weight and I am so out of breath of course I think o god what of it's heart. Then in this touristy city I see people heavier then me walking smiling and think why they not suffering and I do

I'm simply not going to discuss your heart again--you've got to let go of that fear

If you're able to walk for an hour you're fine

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
But that's the problem I walk I stop ,I walk I stop I take deep breaths ,from heat my ankes and fingers get a bit swollen ,and legs also hurt what u think main issue is

The main issue is you're just out of shape

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
ok all I am feeling is from extra weight ? And u still think my heart is ok

For the 100th time--your heart is fine

Just the extra weight

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Dr chip , yesterday when I was taking a shower I noticed the side of my feet riddish and a bit swollen both of then st same place it's where u walk and step on ur foot .so it got me so so scared,then I was short of breath and today as we woke up to hit the road I still feel sob and have fear of pe as we need to drive for 7 hours. I can't get rid of this damn fear
Customer reply replied 7 days ago
I don't know if this picture will tell u anything ,but I am in a car quietly freaking out .

Just some edema--fluid buildup--in the foot and not a DVT

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Ok so why do I have this build up ,and what is the difference between dvt and edema .and what do I do. I am so scared .does it mean my heart or lungs not functioning do I need er

Oh, stop--you don't need the ER and it has nothing to do with either your heart or your lungs

A DVT causes the entire leg to swell

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
why do I have edema .remember I told u before I feel like my fingers r swollen I do keep pressing on leg I dont think there is any marks left .my legs just. Hurt when I walk

Just water weight gain--and you might have incompetent valves in you leg veins that allows the blood to pool in your feet

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Ok sorry to be so annoying but what does it mean incompetent ? And how dangerous is it ? And what do I do

Not dangerous at all--if the valves don't close completely it just allows blood to pool in the feet when you're standing

Thigh high elastic compression stockings can help

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Well I have them ,but I didn't take them with me ,u told me it's ok as it's not too far of a drive .but do I wear them at all times ? And do I need doppker
Customer reply replied 7 days ago
also if I have vein problem can it lead to dvt or is it different

They aren't needed to prevent DVT but they can help with the swelling

You don't have a DVT and you don't need a Doppler

And this is entirely different and isn't a risk factor for a DVT

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Ok but the pain I feel with the walking could it be due to weight or swelling or both. And also when I lose weight do u think swelling can go down

The pain is just muscle aches from being out of shape

The swelling might improve if you lose weight

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Dr chip I am so so sorry if I am bugging u .I want to ask again as we on a road I still feel sob ,and little nausea and this edema .I just want some reassurance that I will live and not have pe,and what I can do to get fluid out

You will live, this isn't a DVT, you don't have a PE and you don't need to get fluid out

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
The reason I say to get fkuod out is because o feel puffy

There's no real way to do that other that with a diuretic--a water pill

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Dr chip I of course when was talking to my dad about my trip I also told him about edema ,and pain when walk and sob.well my family scare the shit out of me he said what if it's chf ,or pulmonary edema I now can't even in ts almost 1 am.i am also worried so much about my weight it went up so much.pls help me

Your dad isn't a doctor and this isn't CHF or pulmonary edema

Time for a rating

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)