Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My stepmom found out she may have lymphoma and we were

Ok here is my question...
Ok here is my question. My stepmom found out she may have lymphoma and we were googling about it and it said a symptom is your lymphocytes being low. Back in Nov 2016 my son who had his tonsils removed had low absolute lymphocytes. He has been a healthy 9 yr old since. But he does still have a little swollen gland on one side of his neck. Is this a sign that he could have lymphoma. Here is his blood work from then
6/22/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Just a low absolute lymphocyte count like that with a normal WBC and a normal rest of the differential would not carry a diagnosis of lymphoma

And you and I have talked extensively in the past about his throat

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
We’ll lymphoma thing with my stepmom unfolded yesterday and that made me think of his blood work. I hang thought about that in awhile

He doesn't have lymphoma

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Can I ask how bad lymphoma is? My stepmom had a 4 in Timor grow in a year. That’s sounds awful and scary

That's really a very broad question

Hodgkins lymphoma is totally curable

Non Hodkins lymphoma has about a 70% five year survival rate

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Oh I don’t know yet what type she has

We can talk about that on a new page once you find out

But for now can you please give me a rating?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I know this is unrelated but will you please tell me is it normal for your gluclose and chloride to be a few points above normal range after surgery

Yes it is

Rating please

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)