Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is it bad if your glucose and chloride levels are a few

points above normal 12 hours...
Is it bad if your glucose and chloride levels are a few points above normal 12 hours after surgery
6/21/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr Rubio
welcome a JA and thank you for your question.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer

How old are you? what kind of surgery did you have?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
42 double mastectomy

Dear friend, it is normal that the values you mention and others can rise because in the first 24 hours after surgery there is an important inflammatory process that can generate a rapid metabolic alteration that can generate these changes, as long as they are not more than slight elevations is not to be alarmed because once the 24 hours pass they begin to be corrected but it is a condition that is expected in this type of surgery.

You have nothing to be alarmed about.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It was just 2or 3 points for chloride and I think 5 for glucose. I had a CBC and stuff done at my work in feb and it was all normal then

these values are almost imperceptible, they do not represent any variation at this time of postoperative you should not be alarmed. They can be considered completely normal since it is a response that is expected after surgery.

any other question?

I hope this information will be helpful.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sorry got hung up. I don’t think so I’m just hoping the tamoxifen they out me on doesn’t mess with anything

Don't be alarmed, you have any other questions.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
He does have a little swollen lymph node on his left side of neck but barely. Is that a concern. No other symptoms though
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Please respond even though I rated already
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Please
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Surely as a doctor you will come back and answer this concern even though I have rated so you can get paid

the inflammation of the node without any other symptoms is not alarming, it is the same inflammatory response after surgery, the nodes may swell a little more but it will take some time to disappear.

Sorry for the delay, but as it was a question that has been closed since yesterday and I was not online.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Even after this long... they were swollen for a long time like pretty big. I do remember that. I assume lm is rare for a 9 yr old boy

I do not understand what you mean by this question, this question is in relation to the temperature increase of a 42 year old patient following surgery.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I assume he would have some major symptoms at this point
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Oh crap I’m sorry